The conscience advice of the dentist must be kept in mind!
01 Teeth Whitening
- Avoid eating foods containing pigments within 1 month after surgery. Such as curry, coffee, red wine, cola, strong tea, tobacco, strawberries, etc. If you eat food containing pigment, you should rinse your mouth immediately to minimize pigment deposition and affect the whitening effect.
- Do not smoke within 2 weeks after treatment, otherwise it will affect the whitening effect.
- A small number of sensitive people will experience mild soreness and sensitivity symptoms after whitening. Therefore, within 1 week after treatment, avoid contact with cold and hot food.
- In order to maintain the whitening effect, it is recommended to perform teeth whitening every 1-2 years, and it is recommended to use it together with home whitening products to strengthen and consolidate the effect.
- Teeth whitening is not a permanent whitening, and the whitening effect varies from person to person. Generally 3-4 courses of treatment, the later maintenance effect will be longer, the doctor will give the most suitable advice according to your situation.
02 Periodontal Treatment
- Patients must use effective oral care. Insist on brushing your teeth morning and night, and gargle after meals. Brush your teeth for at least 3 minutes each time. Use dental floss to remove food debris and soft scale from the adjacent teeth.
- It is necessary to go to the hospital for re-examination on a regular basis. The time can be determined according to the condition. The serious condition should be re-examined every 2-3 months, and the mild condition should be re-examined every 6 months to 1 year.
- Frequent gum massage and percussion to promote the health of periodontal tissue.
- After surgery, please do not lick or suck the wound with your tongue, do not gargle vigorously, and avoid using a straw.
- Apply local cold compress within 4 hours as much as possible after surgery, and use warm compress after 48 hours.
- Do not eat too hard or too hot food within 48 hours after the operation, do not brush your teeth within 24 hours, and eat soft food. After 24 hours, you can brush the teeth outside the operation area, and use mouthwash or warm salt water in the mouth for one minute to keep the mouth clean and control the plaque deposition. Anti-inflammatory drugs are administered orally or intravenously after surgery.
- If there is abnormal bleeding or loose dressing at the surgical site, please contact the attending doctor for follow-up consultation.
- No smoking or drinking within one week after the operation.
03 Metal Correction
- Oral protection: After wearing the appliance for the first time, some uncomfortable reactions occur in the mouth, such as toothache, cavity mucosal damage and ulcers, etc., and the foreign body sensation in the brackets obviously rubs the lips. When such a situation occurs, medical protective wax can be used to stick to the bracket and arch wire for protection; and more fruits and foods rich in vitamin C should be eaten. This kind of discomfort is usually relieved in about 3-7 days. If severe pain occurs, it is regarded as abnormal and requires timely follow-up.
- Bracket protection: Do not eat hard or sticky foods, such as bones, nuts, rice cakes, toffee, etc., during the correction. This can easily lead to the brackets falling off, affecting the correction or increasing the time for follow-up visits.
- Chewing food: During the process of orthodontic treatment, due to the periodontal reconstruction, the teeth are slightly loose, and the patient feels inability to chew, which is generally normal. Therefore, you should avoid biting hard food, and chew slowly during the meal to avoid damage to the periodontal tissue.
- Oral hygiene: Wearing appliances increases the difficulty of oral cleaning. If you do not develop good oral hygiene habits, it is easy to cause gingivitis and tooth decay. Therefore, in the process of orthodontic treatment, it is necessary to maintain good oral hygiene, brush your teeth after each meal and before going to bed, eat less snacks, and maintain a good oral hygiene environment.
- Brackets fall off: After the brackets fall off due to excessive chewing force, if it does not affect chewing, you can follow the original appointment time. If the end bracket falls off, affecting chewing or causing pain, please contact your doctor in time to re-bond.
- Regular follow-up visits: During the process of orthodontic treatment, the movement of teeth has a certain physiological cycle, and the force exerted on the teeth will gradually decay during this period, so please follow the appointment time for follow-up visits.
04 Invisible correction
- Invisible orthodontic requires high self-discipline for patients. It is necessary to wear invisible aligners for 22 hours a day. Do not replace the braces early by yourself. In addition to eating and brushing your teeth, you must wear aligners carefully.
- Brush your teeth in time every morning and evening and after three meals, for no less than 3 minutes each time, and use a small, soft-bristled toothbrush to brush your teeth.
- Every time you re-wear the appliance or replace it with a new appliance, bite the gum hard for 5 minutes to make the braces and appliance fit better and facilitate the movement of the teeth.
- Remove the invisible aligner before eating every day, clean it thoroughly before putting it back on. When not wearing the appliance, it should be placed in clean water or in the braces box. Do not place it randomly to cause loss or damage.
- It is not recommended to wear braces to eat. If you wear braces to eat, try to avoid foods that are easily dyed such as curry, tea, and coffee, to avoid unsightly staining of braces.
- During the correction period, if there is any problem, please communicate with the doctor in time and follow up regularly.
05 Dental Implant
- Avoid spicy and irritating food, avoid brushing your teeth and gargle within 24 hours.
- No smoking or drinking for 2 weeks after surgery.
- Apply cold compress to the affected side within 48 hours after operation to prevent swelling, and then apply appropriate heat to reduce swelling after 48 hours.
- Please avoid excessive exercise, sauna and bathing within three days after surgery.
- Please use mouthwash for 2-3 days after surgery, and do not brush your teeth in the surgical area. Please follow the doctor’s advice and follow the doctor’s appointment for timely follow-up in order to maintain the operating area.
- Avoid hot food, do not chew on the side that has been operated on.
- If the pain is severe, please seek medical attention in time.
Conclusion: dental implant treatment is involved in many factors, the patent’s body health, dentist technical in dentistry treatment, professional dental instrument like implant motor, as patient customized implant treatment case will be applied to specific implant driver, dentist maybe to book the accessories from dental supplies in advance. So that except the treatment in dental office, the maintenance of implant care is also paid attention to.
06 Fixed Dentures
- Generally, there is no obvious discomfort after wearing fixed dentures. If there is persistent bleeding gums, food impaction, malocclusion, pain in the abutment or damage to the restoration, timely follow-up and adjustment are required.
- Fixed dentures are small, so they are easy to get used to in the oral cavity, but the poetics of fixed dentures are prone to accumulate food residues, so special attention should be paid to brushing and keeping them clean.
- In order to reduce the load on the abutment teeth, do not bite too hard of food, so as not to damage the abutment teeth and dentures.
- If the dentures are too high, it will cause discomfort or pain in the bite, and should be adjusted in time.
- After the fixed denture is repaired, attention should be paid to oral hygiene.