Introduction of sandblasting scaler
Sandblasting scaler is a kind of dental cleaning equipment, as long as special sandblasting tooth powder (with sodium bicarbonate powder as the main component) is used, and the sandblasting handpiece is sprayed to the tooth surface to remove plaque and pigment. This method is suitable for cleaning dental plaque and pigment spots in the interdental spaces that are not easily accessible by ultrasonic scalers. The cleaning efficiency of tooth surface pigments is also much higher than that of ultrasonic scalers.
The dental scaler is a necessary equipment for dentistry. It removes stains and tartar on the surface of the teeth through physical methods. During the cleaning process, if the teeth are found to have shallow caries or damage, modern technology can be used to clean the carious dentin in time. The light-cured material restores the teeth completely and achieves the purpose of beautifying the teeth.
The principle of sandblasting
Sandblasting is the use of high-pressure airflow to spray special silica salt sand onto the surface of the teeth to remove the attachments on the surface of the teeth that are not easy to scrape off. These granular salts melt in the mouth. Sandblasting can instantly and gently clean the tea scale, smoke scale and soft food scale adhering to the teeth, and can clean the pits and fissures of the tooth surface that cannot be reached by the ultrasonic scaler. Sandblasted teeth are very smooth and less likely to re-deposit tartar, so scaling and sandblasting can be combined.
Sandblasting can improve the gloss of teeth, which is helpful to the aesthetics of teeth.
Many people are keen on teeth whitening, but so far only porcelain teeth can really achieve the purpose of consumers, but the cost of porcelain teeth is high, and a large area of teeth needs to be ground before installation, which is only suitable for necrotic teeth.
Consumers with healthy teeth but only pigmentation do not need to spend money to suffer, so I advise everyone to correct their attitude and not to pursue the aesthetics of their teeth too much.
Indications for sandblasting:
- For those pigments attached to the calculus, it is a contraindication to sandblasting
- Because sandblasting pollutes the environment and damages the gums, we should choose sandblasting carefully
- Before and during orthodontics, you should go to the Oral Periodontist to check the periodontal condition and decide whether you need sandblasting.
- For those who need dentures for missing teeth, before the restoration work starts, decide whether they need sandblasting and other periodontal treatment.
- Diabetic patients often suffer from bleeding gums, swollen gums, loose teeth and other symptoms due to the reduced resistance of the whole body, so they need sandblasting and other periodontal treatments.
Types of sandblasting scalers
- Sandblasting sealer
Sandblasting and scaling, this method is suitable for cleaning dental plaque and pigment spots in the interdental spaces that are not easily accessible by ultrasonic scalers. The cleaning efficiency of tooth surface pigments is also much higher than that of ultrasonic scalers.
The main function of sandblasting is to polish the tooth surface: after the ultrasonic cleaning or manual cleaning, the patient’s tongue will generally feel the roughness of the tooth surface; after sandblasting, the roughness of the tooth surface is gone. Sandblasting can not only polish the outside of the teeth, but also polish the teeth between the teeth. The polished tooth surface is not easy to adhere to the plaque and pigment.
- Ultrasonic scaler
The ultrasonic scaler uses the micron-level vibration of the ultrasonic energy-concentrating transducer to remove tooth stains. There is a feeling of looseness in the teeth after cleaning, but it takes a while to get used to.
Ultrasonic cleaning can effectively prevent gingivitis and periodontitis.
To keep your teeth healthy, you need to go to the hospital for regular dental checkups. Use ultrasonic vibrating tooth cleaners to clean teeth. It is best to go to regular hospital for oral cleaning once every six months. Smokers should clean their teeth once every three months. When using the advanced ultrasonic vibration tooth cleaner to clean the teeth, the doctor only needs to turn on the ultrasonic working mobile phone to make it touch the calculus, and the calculus will fall off automatically. Not only that, it can also remove the attached food debris, tea scale, soot and plaque, etc., and quickly restore the white luster of the teeth themselves.
Regular teeth cleaning not only makes the teeth clean and comfortable, but also promotes blood circulation in the gums and refreshes the mouth;
Ultrasonic scaler function
Ultrasonic scaler is a high-tech product that integrates electronic technology, ultrasonic technology and precision machinery. The product has stable performance, convenient operation, safety and reliability, and is an essential professional equipment for professional dental hospitals.
Ultrasonic cleaning refers to the use of ultrasonic cleaning equipment to remove tartar, plaque, smoke scale, tea scale, etc. attached to the surface of the teeth, without hurting the gums and enamel. The effect is better and the efficiency is higher.
Ultrasonic cleaning can not only remove the plaque, calculus and tea stains on the surface of the teeth and make the teeth white, but also can effectively prevent the occurrence of oral diseases such as bad breath, root bleeding, periodontal disease, and dental caries.
Precautions for sandblasting scaler
1 The ultrasonic cleaning machine uses the vibration of ultrasonic waves to remove dental calculus.
Disadvantages: It cannot be used frequently, because it uses ultrasonic vibration to clean the teeth, the surface of the teeth will become rough and invisible to the naked eye after use, and frequent use will still cause damage to the teeth.
- Sandblasting is the use of high-pressure airflow to spray a kind of particle (specialized salt sand) on the surface of the teeth to clean the teeth. Sandblasting can clean the tea scale, smoke scale and food soft scale attached to the teeth. Sand teeth are very smooth and less prone to re-deposition of tartar.
- Manual tooth scaling is the use of cleaning tools by medical staff to scrape off the soft scale and calculus in the teeth a little bit.
Precautions for cleaning teeth
- During the cleaning process, the gums will be sore. If there is a lot of calculus, the gums may bleed.
- To wash your teeth, you should go to a regular dental hospital to avoid cross-infection of medical equipment. The washing process takes about 1 hour.
The main purpose of teeth cleaning is to prevent oral diseases
Ultrasonic scaler is a kind of oral special equipment commonly used in the market today. In principle, it is more scientific and reasonable than the old-fashioned pneumatic scaler, and the efficiency and safety have also been greatly improved. Although there are many kinds of popular scalers on the market today and the patterns are constantly being refurbished, they can be basically divided into several large parts in terms of composition, namely, the voltage sorting and amplifying part, the oscillation generator, the transducer, the control signal and the working head.
Although there are many types and powerful functions of today’s dental scalers, there are still many problems that plague doctors. It mainly includes the following aspects: the choice of the working tip of the scaler, the choice of power and frequency, the choice of water supply method and so on.
- Selection of working tip: First, consider the material; generally speaking, the hardness of the material should not be greater than the hardness of the enamel. Some patients often complain of discomfort after cleaning, and even have difficulty in chewing and soreness. On the one hand, it is caused by gingival recession and root exposure or incorrect cleaning techniques, and on the other hand, it is due to the finish of the working tip. Secondly, considering the use, the appropriate working tip should be selected according to the regulations of the scaler manufacturer, different positions of the teeth to be scaled and different treatment purposes. In addition, the working angle of the working tip of the scaler should be between 30 degrees and 70 degrees of the zero line of the working surface, and cannot work in the direction of the vertical working surface; otherwise, the working tip will be damaged or broken. The point of use of the tip should be its side front. Finally, it should be noted that scaler tips that are worn or deformed should be taken out of service immediately.
- Selection of power and frequency: the frequency of the scaler is around 30,000 Hz at the highest, (the working frequency of the scaler produced by domestic companies is basically 25,000-32,000 Hz). Higher working frequency has no more benefits for power output. However, it will bring unnecessary heat loss; generally speaking, the scaler can be divided into built-in type (ie: integrated with the comprehensive treatment table) and external type (ie: independent as a unit) according to the installation method; the power output is generally It is 10-20 watts, which does not mean that the power is large and the cleaning effect is good. Choosing the right working tip, working frequency (power), and using the correct cleaning technique are the keys to successful cleaning. Some operators will find the phenomenon of insufficient power in the process of using the scaler. At this time, it cannot be blamed that the power of the scaler is not enough, but should be checked from the following aspects: First, whether the working tip of the scaler is tightened. ? Whether the scaler tip is obviously worn; if so, tighten the tip or replace it with a new tip. Secondly, whether the connection of the handle is tight and whether it is leaking; if so, the handle should be reconnected. Again, you should check whether the power adjustment gear is in the correct position (note: in general, the best position for the power gear is not 100%, but 50%–75%). Finally, it should be checked whether the quality of the power supply meets the manufacturer’s requirements. If the above reasons are not the case, you should contact the manufacturer.
- Selection of water supply method: The water supply of the scaler can generally be divided into three forms: tap water filtered for the scaler; separated pure water bottle (with peristaltic pump) water supply; pressure water bottle water supply. Among them, the second and third methods are the most popular.
Although new technologies and new materials for scalers are emerging in the market, such as fiber scalers, titanium alloy handles, overload power protection, thermal protection, sandblasting scalers, etc., the purpose of the scaler remains unchanged. . In short, when doctors choose dental scalers, in addition to considering the actual needs and economic capabilities of the unit, they should also pay attention to the following aspects:
- Whether the manufacturer has complete technical data, installation instructions and operating instructions.
- Whether the manufacturer has a complete after-sales service system and system. In this way, there will be no worries after purchasing a sealer.